#95 3 Benefits of Beetroot Juice after Bariatric Surgery
HOST: Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Dr. Susan Mitchell
Beetroot juice is all the rage with marathoners, Olympians and football teams along with those hoping for improved heart health. And does beetroot juice, the juice from those big gnarly beets, have benefits to you after weight loss surgery? Yes, it does. Here are three you should know about.
Visit Procarenow.com Use Code: Susan60 to get a free bag of protein powder with $60 purchase
Your science 101 on beets and beetroot juice also known as beet juice. Beets are a root vegetable packed with vitamins and nutrients like vitamin C, fiber, folate, manganese and potassium. You can find beets that are dark red, golden yellow, white and even rainbow colored. By the way, those green leaves that grow out of the beet are also edible and you can prepare them like you would Swiss chard.
Topics and benefits covered in this episode:
- Why your pee and poop turned pink or red
- What's in beets/beet juice that makes it special for your health and blood pressure
- How beets and beet juice can enhance your workouts
- Do whole beets work as well as the powder or juice?
- Beets and anti-inflammatory effect in your body
- Carbs in a glass of beetroot powder plus water
- How beets can lower blood pressure
Subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single podcast episode.
Plus get our latest content by email.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.