#129 How to Deal with Imposter Syndrome: Bariatric Mental Health Q & A
HOST: Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Dr.
Someone in my Facebook group posted: " have imposter Syndrome with my weight loss accomplishments and I just feel like I don’t belong. Kind of like this isn’t real, and I don’t deserve it and that all this was just beginners luck."
Do you feel this way too? Bariatric psychologist Dr. Connie joins me on the podcast to help you deal with imposter syndrome.
BariAftercare: The Podcast; available on phone podcast apps, Apple podcasts and most other podcatchers
Mind Prep The Book: How To Prepare for Bariatric Surgery and Live as a Healthy Post-Op: Mind Prep: The Book
BariAftercare Daily Progress Journal
Questions that Dr. Connie and I discuss:
- What type of things happen in life or what are the reasons that people experience imposter syndrome?
- What is imposter syndrome and then how is it specific to our bariatric listeners?
- I interviewed Wayne Davis in episode #113. Wayne is a member of my private Facebook group and he openly share his story with the scale, imposter syndrome and his victories after surgery. It’s a great episode: https://www.breakingdownnutrition.com/blog/113-beyond-the-scale-wayne-shares-his-victories-with-bariatric-surgery
- By the way, is imposter syndrome considered a mental health disorder?
- So what I’m hearing you say is that imposter syndrome can affect anyone but it affects those who’ve had bariatric surgery in specific ways to their situation…much like nutrition.
- Are there mental health issues associated with imposter syndrome?
- Let’s get to the nitty gritty of how can we deal with it? How can our listeners go about combatting imposter syndrome?
Rate, Review & Follow on Apple Podcasts:
"I love Dr. Susan and Bariatric Surgery Success." If this sounds like you, would you please rate and review my podcast? Click here. Then click on "Listen to Apple Podcasts" at the top. Scroll down to where you see Ratings & Reviews and tap on "Write a Review". Yes, I'd love a 5 star review! LOL Be sure and let me know what you love most about the podcast. Thank you for your time!
If you haven’t followed the podcast, be sure to Follow/Subscribe now so you never miss an episode.
Subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single podcast episode.
Plus get our latest content by email.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.