My Work Story
My passion is to show you how to use food and nutrition to feel better every day so you can do what you want to do. I believe you can make small and simple tweaks to the way you eat that can change the way you live, the way you sleep and the way you play.
One of the first dietitians to jump feet first into the media world, I spent 19 years providing real world nutrition guidance in words we all understand during drive time on Orlando's News & Talk 107.3 FM and 580 AM WDBO. From interviews with national talk radio personalities like Sean Hannity and consumer warrior Clark Howard, I’m known for my straight talk about nutrition, food, and fitness. Four years at WFTV Channel 9 in Orlando sharing Practicalories Point nutrition segments honed my skills in communicating the science of nutrition in useable tasty tidbits that work in your life everyday.
Ultimately this lead to a career as a media dietitian, professional speaker, and author where I could answer your questions in a variety of formats. My work included six years as the media dietitian for Target/SuperTarget and co-author of three books including I’d Kill for a Cookie with interviews on Today, CNN, Fox, etc.
I learned about podcasting while doing my weekly drive time radio segments which led me to host and produce the podcasts Breaking Down Nutrition for Medical Professionals, Breaking Down Nutrition, Beyond Bariatric Surgery and the current Bariatric Surgery Success.
My years of experience in the media communicating nutrition information you can use sharpened my skills as a medical nutrition therapy telehealth provider enhancing patient engagement and success.
Over the years I've spoken at most every type of venue from Fashion Week at Neiman Marcus to continuing education for medical professionals such as the annual Florida licensure course on Preventing Medical Errors in Dietetics Practice which I’ve taught for over 14 years with Dr. Catherine Christie.
Start your journey here with my freebie 6 Tips to Eat Mindfully
A little more about me:
Read my personal story
FeedSpot Says: Bariatric Surgery Success selected as one of the Best 35 Dietitian Podcasts in 2021. Chosen from thousands of podcasts on the web ranked by traffic, social media followers, domain authority & freshness.
US News & World Report listed Breaking Down Nutrition as one of 10 nutrition podcasts to add to your playlist
Today's Dietitian RD Lounge named Breaking Down Nutrition one of the best RD-Run podcasts
Today's Dietitian listed both Susan Mitchell and Regina Ragone as RDs to watch in 2017
- Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Distinguished Dietitian: Florida Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- 2015 Media Award: Florida Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- PhD from the University of Tennessee…Go Vols! My blood runs deep orange
- Co-author along with Dr. Catherine Christie of three books: Fat is Not Your Fate (Simon & Schuster), I’d Kill for a Cookie (Penguin Putnam) , and Eat to Stay Young (Kensington).
- Served as nutrition expert/consultant to Target, GlaxoSmithKlein and a wide variety of food companies, PR firms and associations
- Orlando and nationwide radio and television experience
Voiceovers for clients
- Served on The University of North Florida Department of Nutrition & Dietetics Advisory Committee, and formerly on the Family Circle magazine advisory board
- Served on the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Nutrition Entrepreneurs Executive Committee as the Specialty Group Director.
- Contributing author to Macmillan Reference USA’s Nutrition & Well-Being A to Z
Subscribe to my Breaking Down Nutrition newsletter and I'll email you my freebie: Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes. Easy bariatric friendly dinner ideas. I've got you covered.
We hate spam and do not share your information.