#115 Slow Weight Loss: Bariatric Nutrition Q & A
HOST: Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Dr.
Becky said that her weight is coming off very slowly since her bariatric surgery. It’s hard for her not to get frustrated seeing the massive weight loss that others are experiencing. Do you feel just like Becky? What is it with slow weight loss?
Becky requested that we cover slow losers after surgery. She’s not alone. Slow weight loss has been brought up in the Facebook group before. I agree with Becky that when your weight is coming off very slowly while others seem to be losing so quickly, it’s hard not to get frustrated.
Bariatric Dietitian Isabel Maples, RD
UVA Health in Haymarket, Virginia
Gayle Brazzi Smith MS, RDN, CSOWM, LDN
Registered & Licensed Dietitian
Email: [email protected]
Weight Loss and Bariatric Surgery Institute
Questions we discuss:
- Do you find that people lose differently after WLS? I’m not referring to weight itself specifically but rather how weight is lost over time and when this happens?
- Do the various surgeries differ in the amount of weight typically lost?
- Is what loss after surgery tied at all to your weight when you go into surgery?
- Does the amount of muscle mass you have before surgery affect weight loss after?
- Do you think the type of diet followed after surgery affects the speed of weight loss?
- You’re the dreaded slow loser and you hit a plateau. How do you jumpstart the loss again? What are your favorite strategies that work?
- What tips do you suggest to get that weight loss engine going again?
- New research in obesity: there seems to be a malfunction in these signals that the brain’s sending out. The gut/brain axis.
Visit Procarenow.com for all of your vitamin, calcium and protein needs. Use Code: Susan10 to save 10%
Beautiful bags can be purchased at NewHopeGirls.com
Women helping women in their transformations
Use code TRANSFORM15 to receive 15% off your purchase
By the way, if you’re searching for a private facebook group where you can ask questions and talk about what’s on your mind, come join me. My group is called Bariatric Surgery Success with dietitian Dr. Susan Mitchell. Search by name on Facebook…again that’s Bariatric Surgery Success with dietitian Dr. Susan Mitchell or use this link:
Subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single podcast episode.
Plus get our latest content by email.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.